Website Translation Service
The so-called “website internationalization services” are consistently becoming more and more in demand. A multinational corporation or a small firm — any company wants its website to be available in more than one language.
But what has caused such a boom? To answer this question, let us take a look at elementary statistics.
- English: used as the first language by more than 410 million people, second language for more than 1 billion people; it is also the language of business communication, science, mass media and entertainment; the most popular language of the Internet.
- German: about 100 million native speakers, second language for 20 million people; second most-popular language of the Internet.
- Spanish: the first language for about 400 million people; spoken by more than 500 million people all over the world, third most-popular language of the Internet.
- Russian: first language for about170 million people; spoken by over 300 million people; Runet is one of the most rapidly developing Internet market segments.
- French: about 70 million native speakers, total number of speakers is about 270 million.
Countries where English is used as the first or second language.
- Italian: the first language for about 70 million people; spoken by 120 million people.
- Chinese: over 1 billion native speakers.
So, basically, once you have you website translated to one of the above-listed languages, the number of your website visitors can dramatically increase! Moreover, it is a bon ton today to have an English version of the official website.
LinguaContact provides website translation service since 2007. There is a number of reasons why we distinguish this sphere. Apparently, website is designed for wide audience which means that it needs texts of proper style. A pragmatic commercial website should be persuasive, impressive and appealing to the users. It is no good having a counter-intuitive and cumbersome website as it can discredit the brand.
On the whole, speaking about websites, the terms “translation” and “localization” are used as synonyms. For more details about localization see special section. While localizing a website it is essential to “domesticate” it and to be aware of the peculiarities of the local audience, its culture and traditions. It is not solely about the language, but also about design, web usability and layout and, thereby, creating a harmonious and effective company image in the process of intercultural communication.
Website localization is your key to success at the international level!
LinguaContact translation company has a wide-ranging expertise in conducting Internet projects in different spheres and of different size. We can guarantee timely and proper website translation on a turnkey basis using the recent developments in this area to respond to the client‘s requirements.